Saturday 19 September 2015

Song of the Day 56 : Biff Rose - Fill Your Heart

Stuck in the middle of side two of David Bowie's magnificent and breakthrough album Hunky Dory is a weird and incongruous track "Fill Your Heart".  At the time I knew it was not an original as it is credited to Biff Rose.

In truth if it was so twee and so short it was never worth skipping on vinyl but regularly gets skipped when I am playing the CD.

I latter heard that Bowie was a big fan of the guy and recorded another song of his as well - Buzz the Fuzz.

The beauty of the internet, means research is much easier and I eventually found a copy of the album that both songs came from.  I was really surprised that not only did Bowie cover the song but, even though at the time he was begging to be known as an innovator in this instance Bowie was no more than an affected karaoke artist.   Check out Biff's version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment