Sunday 26 October 2014

Recent Additions : Lake Street Dive : Bad Self Portraits

I bought Lake Street Dive's new album Bad Self Portraits at the start of the year.  It was one of those albums that did not grab me immediately but had something about it that meant I kept coming back to it.

Not quite county, not quite blues, great song writing and Rachel Price is a strong vocalist reminiscent of Bonnie Rait.

The first and title track is great way to kick off the album.  Tracks like Better Than, You Go Down Smooth,  Use Me Up and Just Ask.


This week the line up for next year's WOMAD festival was announced and I have to admit that a lineup including Sinead O'Connor, Richard Thompson, Toumani and Sidiki, Lake Street Dive and Yassou N'Dour I am quite tempted to make the journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment