Saturday 6 December 2014

Favourites : Van Morrison : Wavelength

It is not fashionable amongst Van Morrison fans to say you like Wavelength.  While it is not may favourite Van album - that would be a hard choice between about three or four (or maybe five or six albums) Wavelength is up there for me.

There you go - I said it - a guilty pleasure. Sure his lyrics are not up to his best, sure the band sounds like session musicians waiting for their paycheck.  However the album just seems to bounce along and for that I am happy!

Standout tracks for me include Wavelength  (this is a nice version from a DVD I have), Kingdom Hall, Take it Where You Find It, Natalia, and Santa Fe/Beautiful Obsession which had been around for about 10 years before it was recorded - here is an early version.


No comments:

Post a Comment