Sunday 10 May 2015

Favourites : Tindersticks - Can Our Love

I only bought Can Our Love because I read such an enthusiastic review in, I think, Q Magazine.  It referred to Tindersticks as being the greatest band in the UK at the time.  Somehow until this release they had passed me by and I was so intrigued by the claim that I picked up the album (at the St Leonards Railway Station - back when railway Stations had music stores).  While I am not sure that I can completely agree with the claim, I can certainly relate to people making it.

The album has a distinctive soulful feeling tipping its hat to early 70's soul however it brings a distinctive British and European feel.  Check out Dying SlowlyCan Our Love, Sweet Release, and the gentle groove of Chilite Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment