Sunday 29 March 2015

Journey Through The Past : Doctors of Madness : Late Night Movies All Night Barnstorms

I bought this record from that small record store in His Lordship's Arcade in Lower Hutt.  I bought it because the woman behind the counter recommended it and it was in the sale bin for only $1.  I knew nothing about The Doctors at that stage but it was a good recommendation.   The Doctors of Madness and Late Night Movies All Night Barnstorms fit somewhere between prog and punk rock and new wave, kind of  like a pre-Magazine Magazine.

There aren't any weak songs on the album.
Mitzi's Cure, Billy Watch Out, Waiting, B Movie Bedtime and Mainlines

Best use of a cello in any band until I heard the cello behind Alejandro Escovedo years later.

I ended up getting hold of one more album by the crew but by reckoning it lacks the fire of this one.  I also bought a couple of solo albums by Richard (Kid) Strange but that's another blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment