Wednesday 17 June 2015

Recent Additions Trigger Hippy - remember Joan Osborne?

I came across Trigger Hippy through an Amazon recommendation and then followed up with a bit of google and youtube research.  A band consisting of members of The Black Crowes and fronted by Jackie Greene who I have a few very good CDs by and Joan Osborne who many will recall from her cover of the song One of Us from 1995 (20 years ago already).  I also have and rate the CD that comes from.

Anyway after the research I decided this would be a good addition to my collection.  But it took a bit of finding a copy on line at any sort of economic rate.  Finally did and picked it up on a recent trip to New Zealand.

It is a great album of that mix of country, soul, blues and rock in a similar vein to Bonnie Raitt at her best but with the mix of male and female vocals. Maybe the best comparison with another contemporary act would be with the Tedeschi Trucks Band.

It kicks off with Rise Up Singing a great  soulful song. By track three Heartache on Line I was pretty much hooked other tracks I am really enjoying include Dry County and Ain't Persuaded Yet.

I know I will be playing this in years to come.  Highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment