Thursday 29 January 2015

Favourites : Ernie Payne : Coercion Street

I read a review of Coercion Street on line somewhere.  I thought it was in Graham Reid's excellent Elsewhere site but can not find it there any more.  Not that that matters where ever I read it it said enough, made enough connections to music I liked that I sought it out.

Pleased I did.  

If you like the more bluesy and soulful side of John Hiatt then you may well like this.  Released in 2007 it got quite an underground following in the UK after it was plugged by Andy Kershaw on his radio show.  Some great tracks including Curse of Hamm, Mother's Uncle, Ancient Eyes and the title track.



He had actually recorded an album way back in 1973 - I found a copy on line - and its winging it way to me now!  



No comments:

Post a Comment