Monday 26 January 2015

Junk and Sale Bin Shop Finds 5 : Fleetwood Mac Rumours (and comments on Mick's autobiography)

I got two copies of Mick Fleetwood's autobiography for Christmas. I have always had a passing interest in The Mac, have a few of the early Peter Green led blues albums and love The Green Manalishi and Oh Well but the later period (which has now been going for almost 40 years as opposed to the first ten years of the Peter Green period has not interested me that much.  I do love the song Tusk.

In the biography Mick claimed to have learned from his mistakes but proved over and over again that he had not and is in fact a bit of a plonker - I suppose that may be his drumming style "plonking".

Anyway I never owned this, never wanted to. But at $2 ........ Oh Well as Peter Green would say.

The copy has a scratch across one track fortunately not Go Your Own Way and having played the album I will probably never play it again all the way through.  What was everyone thinking in 1977 when they bought it in droves - some sort of mass hypnotism or even invasion of the body snatchers??

But when Chris comes to visit I am sure we will play Go your Own Way at maximum volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment