Wednesday 21 January 2015

Junk and Sale Bin Shop Finds 1 : Kenny Rogers and the First Edition Greatest Hits

As I mentioned in my first blog of the year over the last month or so I have dine a fair bit of bargain hunting in Junk Shops and the <$5 bins in record stores (some of which then even had half price).   In those circumstances it is nothing for me to walk out of a store with ten or more records for $30-$40.

The immediate concern is then "shit - how am I going to get those back on the plane under my 23Kg weight limit?"  I have developed a few techniques and tactics and have always managed to get it through - I am also now a very good judge of when a bag weighs 23kg but that has been helped with Jan's Christmas present to me - a portable luggage scale!!!

Recently I have found some gems and some records that many will be surprised found their way to my collection - some I bought for sheer nostalgia, some as they have always been guilty pleasures and some because one track redeems the whole record.

This record more or less falls into that last category. While it has all the big hits - Reuben James, Ruby, Don't Take your love to town and Somethings Burning.  One song took me over the line in the decision to fork out the $2 necessary and add it to my weight problem.

It is not much of a secret that Chris's and my favourite movie is The Big Lebowski.  One of the great attractions of the The Dude is is his eclectic and irreverent taste in music.  He does not care what is cool - he likes what he likes and so no arty farty metrosexual music in his collection - Creedence and this song.  All fans of the movie love this song and this sequence.



What condition is your condition in?  The record was in pretty good condition actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment