Wednesday 25 February 2015

Recent Additions : Hurray for the Riff Raff : Small Town Heroes

I have actually had Small Town Heroes for about 6 months now - so I guess it is not that recent. Not sure why it's taken so long to write about it.

Maybe because a small pressing flaw means that I am a bit grumpy with the record itself.  One of the problems with me buying on line or in visits to NZ is that by the time I get to listen to anything, any scratches etc are not able to be returned.  So I am learning to live with my disability....

Anyway it's a bit unfair for me to let a small blip get in the way of listening to, reviewing and recommending this record.

It's bloody good!! AND ITS GOT A GREAT COVER

A great slice American County Folk Blues more or less the brainchild of Alynda Lee Segarra. Her voice, Her Songs and Her Guitar playing - augmented with some nice subtle acoustic arrangements.

I prefer side two over side one but maybe that is because it does not have that blemish! Standout songs I know it's wrong (But that's alright), No One Else and the title track Small Town Heroes.  But Side one is pretty good as well.

Highly Recommended




No comments:

Post a Comment