Thursday 12 February 2015

Recent Additions : Spoon - They want my soul

The first Spoon album I bought was the excellent Kill the Moonlight in 2002.  I have bought most of their albums since then and even managed to see them with Chris on a trip to Sydney a while ago.

They Want My Soul was released last year but it took a while for me to decide to and then grab a copy.  Not sure why I waited so long.

The cover alone should have been enough for me to buy it.  If it was released in the 70's I am sure it could have become as in iconic image as Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, or Dark Side of the Moon.

With this album Spoon remain one of the most interesting and creative bands of the last 15 years, displaying the right mix of both commercial nous and intelligence. Keyboards now flesh out the trademark "spikey" guitarwork.  Check out Inside Out and Outlier.  Not sure I would call them Alt Country though as some do - but I do have a DVD of them playing with fellow Texan Willie Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment