Monday 2 February 2015

Recent Additions : Matthew Ryan - Boxers

Way back in 2000 I read an article about Matthew Ryan in the now defunct No Depression magazine. His music sounded interesting and worth checking out so I filed the name away and eventually picked up a copy of his then current album East Autumn Grin.  I really enjoyed that album and suitably impressed I have over the years picked up copies of his quickly growing catalogue,   However they have not always grabbed me.

I then forgot about him for a while until someone recommended his album vs The Silver State 8 years later.  That is simply a fantastic album and in my opinion a career peak.

Once again he dropped off my radar until the end of last year when playing vs The Silver State I wondered what he had been up to.  A few clicks on the internet told me he had released a few albums since 2008 and was on the verge of releasing a new album, Boxers.  So before I knew it I had hit the buy button and had pre-ordered a signed copy of the album on vinyl (with a CD) but had to wait  until mid January for it to arrive.  Really enjoying the whole album at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment