Friday 16 May 2014

Are you ready for the country 3 : Bonanza - Is this where my love of Country Music started?

I can not remember ever not having this record!!! It was played a bit when I was growing up. Supposedly set at a party at the Ponderosa with some interesting banter and bonhomie between songs. 

Some interesting song choices (that would not have been written when the show was set). Weirdest of all is Little Joe's take on the New Orleans classic Careless Love   However other songs that were staples of primary school music singing were there as well including Get Along Cindy and Shenandoah (a song that got reinforced in my mind when I worked on the replacement of the Shenandoah Bridge years later). 



I know why Mum and Dad would have ever bought it as I can't remember them ever playing it (but we did). I suspect it may have come with the Radiogram when they bought it.

My sister gave it to me recently when she returned some of my old LPs.  It was in pretty poor condition but after a good clean came up surprisingly well

No comments:

Post a Comment