Monday 26 May 2014

Highlights from this morning's Ipod shuffle

I have my bike up on a wind trainer at the moment and do a little riding on our terrace as the sun rises. While it does not always give music that is sympathetic with exercise - it does remind me of forgotten songs that need to be remembered.

This morning's highlights

The Zombies - Time of the Season - from their Odessey and Oracle album (complete with misspelling). Fortunately it was the mono version that came up but it is a great song, Rod Argent's Jimmy Smith infused organ and Blunstone's vocals seem perfectly in sync. 

Neil Young (and Waylon Jennings) : Bound for Glory. A great song from the overlooked country excursion album Old Ways

and a live version of My Beloved Monster by The Eels which was interspersed with I Can't Get No Satisfaction - similar to what they did to Twist and Shout and Mr E's Beautiful Blues when Sam and I saw them in Brisbane a few years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment