Thursday 15 May 2014

Favourites 7 : A Camp - what to do with old Cardigans

Unusually while I know where I bought this but I can not remember why.  I bought this from Allen's CDs on Plimmers Steps in Wellington. It may have been playing in the shop, it may have been on special but I am pretty sure it was not because of either the cover or that it was on sale.

At the time I was not a Cardigans fan.  I had heard Love fool of course but had never been impressed or interested enough to pick up a full CD of theirs. Anyway for whatever reason I picked it up and never regretted it.

This was Nina Persson's first solo album after leaving the band and she teamed up with the late Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse to create a solid album of European tinged Americana.

Some great tracks on the album I Can Buy You, The Bluest Eyes in Texas (which was the theme song in the movie Boys Don't Cry) Algebra and a great cover of The Replacements' Rock'n'roll Ghost.

I had not played the cd in a while but as Nina has just released a new solo album - I put it and remembered how good it was



No comments:

Post a Comment