Friday 2 May 2014

Now Playing : Amazing Rhythm Aces : How the Hell do you spell Rhythum?

What a good question - I always have difficulty

I have liked The Amazing Rhythm Aces since hearing their "hit" Third Rate Romance in the early 70s.  I picked up this terrific album last week at Real Groovy in Auckland.  There were a few of their albums in the second hand bin but I picked this one up mainly because it was recorded at Muscle Shoals Studio where I doubt it is possible to make a bad album.  Having songs by Dan Penn, Delbert McClinton, Eddie Hinton and Van Morrison also helped!  For those unfamiliar with their work The Aces explore the area between R'nB and Country and they do it very well.  One of those bands that don't make bad records and do not get the recognition they deserve.  Think of a more country version of Little Feat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment