Tuesday 13 May 2014

Favourites 6 : Phil Cody : The Sons Of Intemperance Offering

I came across this cd when it was playing in Radar Records in the Cashel Mall in Christchurch.  That second Christchurch Earthquake saw an end to that institution.  A pity as they had an eclectic mix of music and there always seemed to be something interesting playing in store.  So they were playing this and I had

Hard to categorise as it is a mixture of rock, folk and country.  He has a good band behind him and it all starts with a hiss and a roar on the excellent House of Lust.  My favourite track would be Tighten Up (some advice I should follow more often - "Tighten up - don't spread yourself so thin!).

Hard to find many of the tracks on YouTube but here are a couple of links.   Hats off to the Big Queen City  and a great cover of The Clash's Straight to Hell

I have picked up a few copies of it for less that $2 and given them away to a few happy customers.  I managed to search out two other CDs but to me none of them quite matched this beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment