Wednesday 23 July 2014

Favourites : Black Rebel Motor Cycle Club : Howl

When the reviews for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's debut came not nothing in the raves made me want to part with $20 to give it a try.  A few years later in 2005 I read a few conflicting reviews for Howl (from raves to disdain) and there was enough there to make me think I might find it interesting and I picked up a copy.

WOW

To me this was a revelation that I do not feel that often when listening to new music. This is powerful acoustic based rock music.  Tracks like Ain't no Easy Way, Fault Line, the title track and Complicated Situation all stand out from songs that all stand on their own. 

One of the things I enjoy the most about my music collection is when one of the boys picks up on something I like.  It happens more often than many would think and more than the the boys would probably care to admit - however I am pleased to report that Sam is BRMC fan.  While to me this is the Motorcycle Clubs Peak and I do have later and earlier albums, Sam would point you to Baby 81.  On Baby 81 they do give a mix of their acoustic and more amped up side. Who am I to argue? -  he has even seen them twice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment