Friday 18 July 2014

Song of the day 2 : I can't cry hard enough - Victoria Williams and The Williams Brothers

The first version of I can't cry hard enough that I heard was by Victoria Williams. I first heard of Ms Williams when I picked up  a copy of Sweet Relief a benefit cd of her songs recorded by Lou Reed, The Jayhawks, Soul Asylum, Pearl Jam and others recorded to help her with her battle with MS. She is an eccentric singer/songwriter who has been married to both Peter Case and Marc Olsen of The Jayhawks

This song is on her Swing Statue album and I was immediately taken with it.  I noticed that it was written by Andy and David Williams who accompanied her on it on backing vocals.  Intrigued I eventually found out they were no relation to her, Andy Williams' nephews and the same Williams Brothers that were on The Partridge Family way back.   Their version is almost as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment