Sunday 20 July 2014

Favourites : King of Comedy Soundtrack

On a recent trip to Christchurch I unearthed some good lps from storage but was disappointed I did not manage to find the box with this one in it. I bought the King of Comedy soundtrack in 1982 - when it was released it had some unreleased songs by artists I liked and an interesting mix of Genres. The tracklist was compiled by Robbie Robertson for the Scorcese Movie.  At that stage they were something of a cocaine fueled mutual appreciation society.  While the movie could probably best be described as interesting the music on the LP is stellar.  Check out the track listing at the bottom of the blog.

Highlights to me were Van Morrison's Wonderful Remark, Ray Charles Come Rain or Come Shine (my first and rather late introduction to Ray), Robbie Robertson's Between Trains, Ricki Lee Jones version of Tom Waits' Rainbow Sleeves, BB King's Aint nobody's business and Ric Ocasek's Steel The Night





Pretenders, TheBack On The Chain Gang3:51
B.B. King'Taint Nobody's Bizness (If I Do)3:33
Talking HeadsSwamp5:13
Bob JamesKing Of Comedy4:23
Rickie Lee JonesRainbow Sleeve3:39
Robbie RobertsonBetween Trains3:25
Ric OcasekSteal The Night3:55
Ray CharlesCome Rain Or Come Shine3:40
David SanbornThe Finer Things4:27
Van MorrisonWonderful Remark3:57


No comments:

Post a Comment