Sunday 4 October 2015

Favourites : Eels Daisies of the Galaxy

Daisies of the Galaxy was the third Eels album (and the 5th by Mark "E" Everett).

I had bought the first album in a sale bin knowing nothing about who The Eels were solely because of it's great, and kind of freaky cover.





The follow up and second album was a pretty morose affair as E dealt with the death in the family (that some raved about) but it is this album that to me saw E really hit his stride.  I love the cover which recalls those Little Golden Books we grew up with.

The mood is about as up as he gets starting with the kick off track Grace Kelly's Blues.  Other highlights include Flyswatter, I like Birds, It's a Motherfucker to the final Mr E's Beautiful Blues.

Sam and I managed to catch them live in Brisbane a few years ago.  A terrific show with a great mashup version of Mr E's Beautiful Blues and Twist and Shout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment