Thursday 8 October 2015

Recent Additions : The Deslondes

An Amazon recommendation  of The Deslondes self titled debut prompted me to get the credit card out and make the purchase! As simple as that.  A country AND western band from New Orleans had to be interesting right?  Yep and No I reckon.

It is a good album and growing on me but the promotional material promised a blend soul and country that I just do not hear as strongly as I had been led to believe.  No matter once I had been through it a few times - I can celebrate it for what it is - a very good Country Album

The album kicks off with the terrific Fought The Blues and Won,  Louise - has the Johnny Cash "chugga chugga" rhythm and is one of the better tracks. Simple and True reminds me of one of my favourite unknown bands Carolina's Lou Ford and that is never a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment